(reference: Letters To Karen)
Since sharing your hearts thru your lips is basic to marriage at its best, here are three do’s and don’ts that might help you in tending the bridge.
- Do greet him with gladness when he first comes home.
- Do take a few minutes at bedtime to ask each other, “What is the most happiest moment in your life today?”
- Do learn all you can about his work.
“Don’ts” are important also for the traffic of your heart thru your lips. Here are three worth remembering.
- Don’t talk too much. (Our sound may sound like a caw of a crow to the other person who waits to express himself.)
- Don’t try to impress him with how much you know.
- Don’t fail to still your lips when you should. (Repeated because it is important.)
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff and nudge me when I’ve said enough!
Many years ago, my husband bought two Martini glasses with stainless steel ball on the stem for me on Valentine’s Day. I did not know what to do with them except to display beautiful candies in them. A year ago, I went out with a few Moms for “ladies night out”. We had cocktails and I was hooked. So, I began to learn how to make them at home. One cocktail that I like to make is Singapore Sling. I like it because it is made out of pineapple juice, and more importantly, simply because the name “Singapore Sling” is close to my hometown (Malaysia). Recipe for Singapore Sling is posted here under the Desserts Page.